Friday, January 27, 2012

The Tiger’s Wife

I picked up The Tigers Wife without even reading the synopsis.  I saw it on B&N.com, clicked ‘buy’ and it appeared on my Nook.  Yes, I have NOOK!  Not a Kindle!

Take a few moments to think about what you would expect from a book called The Tigers Wife.  Where does it take place?  Who are the main characters?  What’s the basic premise of the story?

Have your ideas?  Good.  Now forget them. 

The Tigers Wife does not take place in Asia or India.  It is not about a married woman.  And ‘the tiger’ is not a person with a nickname or a ‘tigers’ personality. 

The Tiger’s Wife is about a woman just out of med school who retells the tales her grandfather told her while she was growing up under his care.  Sound boring?  It’s not.  It’s full of mystery and questions and blurs the lines between fantasy and reality (why do I feel like an over dramatic movie critic?).  I finished the book in shock.  I googled for answers to questions which have no answers.  I chatted boyfriend’s ear off about this book.  I almost reread the entire thing.  I was that engaged. 

This is not a normal response for me.  I typically finish a book because I’m motivated to start the next one, however I didn’t want this one to end.  I wasn’t ready to put it down. 

Here’s the link.  Go read it now.  

~Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment